Monday, April 03, 2006

After she dies, I want her collection of toe rings!

or something like that. One of my pet peeves in life is relatives or friends discussing what they want of a person once they are gone. You can all be sitting around having lunch, and one of them will say, " When Aunt Grace dies, I want that antique desk." I think it's morbid and just plain wrong. Be grateful in life, and if Aunt Grace leaves you that desk in her Will, be happy. If she doesn't.........buy your own desk. It's sad how some people can be so selfish.

A friend of mine recently told me that when her elderly neighbor died, she suspected the resident manager of going into the poor man's apt. and taking things. I told her that this happened in my own mother's family when her mother and brother had died. It's shameful, but I suspect more people do it that you can imagine.

Have a great week!

No comments: