Friday, April 21, 2006

Who wants a new drug?

ok ok I know my blog is all over the place--but that's what so cool. I blog about life, fat girls with the fat rolls hanging down past their jeans, my friend who caught crabs from her restaurant crush. Now, Huey Lewis sang about wanting a new drug--well, there's one out there. It's called "dippers" cigarettes dipped in PCP. And no, I don't think your local 7-11 sells them. If you've read past archives of this blog, you will know i'm against drugs. My husband and I both have drug addiction in our families, so I don't approve of any drugs. As per The Washington Post, two women from Alexandria went into SE Washington DC to score " dippers" and lost their lives because of it. A driver lost control of a car, and both women were killed. I'm so out of touch ( thank God) with the drug scene, but drugs are no good. If you can't have fun without them--well, you'll just end up in rehab or dead. Those are the only two options. Of the drug addicts in our families, and friends, we have about 8 of them that are dead so far. Some went into rehab and are doing o.k. As promised, even though this is Friday, later today i'll reveal the horrible neighbor story and used condoms on a porch. Have a wonderful weekend. Don't do drugs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, this isn't a new phenomenon. But clearly some people don't learn from the mistakes of others.

I'm glad I quit doing cocaine about five years ago (or, more accurately, was thrown into sufficient change of circumstance that I didn't have much choice. And it wasn't nearly as exciting as that sounded). But it's pretty insidious stuff. I wasn't addicted; more of a casual user, but every once in awhile I'll catch a whiff of something similar and my brain suddenly goes "WHA? What's THAT??"