Friday, January 12, 2007

Rocky 8: Geezers go 3 rounds at Retirement home

I saw Rocky Balboa, finally. The script could have been better. Rocky is showing his age. He does look good for 60, i'll have to admit. But--I still don't want to see him take his shirt off. How many more Rocky's can we endure? to say that Stallone has had a mid-life crisis is not accurate. He's beyond mid-life. He's almost a senior citizen. I did enjoy Rocky I and II. Stallone did prove he can still get in shape, but.. I have to wonder if he really liked what he saw on camera. Now when he was in the hotel room with his jeans and shirt on..he's still in great shape. And the love interest? the plain girl raising her son? come on, Rocky. You can do better than that. Why not give him a classy model to dote on? I know it's too late now, but I missed Adrian in this film. Paulie was a plus, but he's getting old and senile looking. I asked my teenage son which actor he thought could pull off a has-been boxer fighting a younger man. he said Wesley Snipes. Have a great weekend all!

No comments: