Monday, January 29, 2007

Dakota Fanning: weighing in......

o.k. hold on to your boot straps. I'm a mom of 3. My oldest is 22. I can tell you that a child of 12 is not mature enough to know what her " rape scene" will truly mean, or how everyone will perceive it. The adults around her will tell her it's " art". Or, they'll say.....wouldn't it be educational to get the message out there that rape to a 12 yr old is wrong. Don't we already know that? I think it's shocking, absurd, and just plain perverted. As a mother, I'm very concerned. This should never make any movie. I don't care if it's a 3 second scene. It's bad enough they have scenes of rape for adult men/women......but to have a child...even suggest the child has been raped.....is upsetting. Let's have some stalker action, like in " the Hitcher" or kids movies like " Happy Feet". Stop trying to make money off sick and perverted ideas. What is YOUR opinion?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be curious to see the circumstances of the shooting itself. I know certain scenes in The Exorcist were shot using body doubles and clever blocking, etc, so that Linda Blair didn't always know what was going on because she wasn't involved. (She was, however, required to use some of the less-than-polite dialogue that would later get redubbed by Mercedes Macambridge.)

Likewise, Stanley Kubrick was sensitive enough to matters that when he shot The Shining, the boy playing Danny had no idea he was making a horror movie.

Play Blackjack said...

Ideal variant