Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!

I've been so busy I have not had time to blog. Hope everyone had a very Merry Xmas and a happy new year! Today isn't horrible neighbor day, but i've got a story for YOU! Over the weekend, at the end of 2006, my jackass neighbor " Joe" had started to fix the dilapidated house he is taking care of. he's a "caretaker", does a lousy job, but someone has to do it. Anyway, he pays no rent. The city is pretty strict on housing falling down, so the owner had been getting notices. Joe has to fix up the house. Joe is a wanna-be carpenter. On Saturday ( i think) a strange drifter came by in an old, wagoneer. I only noticed because i was leaving to do some grocery shopping. My husband noticed the out of state plates, and immediately called him a " drifter". Long story shortened, the drifter's truck broke down, and he parked it outside my next door neighbors property on the street, visible to my home. Come to find out, the drifter had dogs in that vehicle........now we know 3 adult dogs, (1 purebred pitbull, 2 boxers) and 8 puppies in the back. I blame my neighbor Joe mostly for telling him to park there. Some of the neighbors were upset about the dogs-so I know animal control would be called. sure enough, yesterday they were. But not just for the puppies. It seems the drifter let his two adult dogs out of his vehicle to roam our neighborhood. Thank god my dog didn't see them......he's behind a fence, but i could imagine a barking fest starting. My poor neighbor two houses down was trying to get into his truck to go to work, and the dogs were barking and growling at him--so he called animal control. Animal control came, took the two dogs and was pretty upset about the adult female with her puppies, not to mention the drifters tags were dead. See what neighbors get you into? The drifter bought a used van yesterday, took the adult dog/puppies and went to the pound to retrieve his 2 dogs. He says he'll have someone tow the old broken down truck, but i'm not holding my breath. we'll probably have to call the city today or tomorrow. And i thought Billy Bob was bad ! Have a wonderful day today!

No comments: