Monday, November 07, 2005

Just who's responsiblity is it?

I have a friend. We'll call her " Carol". a few years ago "Carol" started feeding stray cats. Now, she feeds 3 feral colonies, nearby her apartment. " Carol" is really starting to be eccentric, and strange. She spends like 50.00 a week on food ( which , right now, she can afford to) and she goes to feed the colonies every day. We all know it's important to spay and neuter your animals, but let's face it.......all we can do it tell ppl. This, I've noticed, is starting to take over Carol's life. If she hears of any strays, she gets upset, and asks what's being done. She has a dog to take care of. She's single. I have 3 boys and a dog. I really don't have time to feed strays. I'll say a prayer for them. Carol told me today that it's the " communities" responsiblity to feed these cats. I've got news for her, my children are far more important than any cat. I may buy a few cans of catfood, and feed the cats down the block, but nature has allowed for them to eat. There are mice, and other small rodents for them to eat. I can't spend a lot of time on this.....but who's responsiblity is IT to feed and care for all these strays?

No comments: