Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Oh! those nosey neighbors

Can you imagine a neighbor who has absolutely no life whatsoever? I have a family of those. Tuesday is horrible neighbor day, but I have a short story to tell. My neighbor across the street and up 2 houses has always been nosey. He and his trailerpark family will sit on their porch for hours on end watching everyone else coming and going. I doubt they have much to do. Last night, my sons were riding their dirt bike and four wheeler.......YES it's frowned upon in our neighborhood. NO they don't do it often. There are about 8 other boys/men in our neighborhood who frequently ride four wheelers and dirt bikes. I had gone back in the house to do laundry and my husband said " Billy Bob just heard the noise, opened his door, peeked out, and slammed the door" Well, I've got news for him--My sons were just paying him back for some of the things his horrible teenage daughter/son have done since their year and a few months in our neighborhood. He took down the FOR RENT sign that his neighbor put up because he said, " I don't want neighbors". Well, guess what--we don't want him. I know neighbors should be easy to deal with, but with this bunch, you get no privacy whatsoever. His daughter is old enough to work, but occasionally hangs out on the street, and has to do it directly in front of my home. She is the one I've caught peeking in my home, or standing in front of my home trying to look in the windows. The children have no manners, the parents are neglectful, their children have nothing constructive to do. Billy Bob once asked how he could get his bratty teenage son into sports--my husband told him to come up with the 135.00 fee for the Boys and Girls club. We never heard him mention it again. They are a terrible family, and if the house wasn't so small, rent so cheap, they would not be in our neighborhood. I know I rant quite a bit about them, but i'm sure they'll be a sore spot until they move. To let you in on one funny story......last year they gave their daughter a sweet 16 party. She doesn't have many friends ( you wonder why?), and invited my son and his friend. Well, I forbid my son to go over there ( Dad is an alchoholic). My sons' friends parents also forbid him to go. A few days later, he told our neighbor up the street--I spent 100$ on a cake and no one came. First of all, at your daughters party, the family should have been the most important. I'm sorry I didn't let my son go to your white trash party (i'm not really). I know it seems as if we are looking down our noses, but my husband and I have worked hard in our life to rid ourselves of ppl like this. This man is a menace, and measures everything by money. who has it, who doesnt' have it. He knows he doesn't have it. We are by no means rich, but he is so nosey and questions anything we buy, and our lifestyle. My husband once put four new tires on his old work van. Billy Bob said, " Must be nice to have money". Doesn't he understand that in all of our lives, we all must put tires on our vehicles? There is more to life than a 12 pack of Budweiser. Do YOU have a horrible neighbor? park your story here. Have a great hump day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugg.. sounds like my neighbors on the corner. When we first moved in here they let their then barely 5 year old son ride his bike around in the street with no adult supervision (and of course no helmet). I mean they NEVER watch their children. Yet when things go wrong or their children act out it's everyone elses fault. Its like look in the mirror you nit.

Oddly enough I suspect that the guy is a drunk as well. As soon as he gets home he is drinking beers and sleeping, while his kids are running around unspervised at the age of 6 and 7.