Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Looking for love in all the wrong places

This is about a story I just read on AOL. A lonely 56 yr old divorced carpenter met a woman online from Brazil and was set to marry her. After giving her 10,000 to start a skin clinic, and a 20,000 sport utility vehicle, he still kept giving. I feel so sorry for all the lonely people out there, but beware. I would not trust online dating, or trust anyone right away. Especially from another country. If that woman was from a wealthy family--why was she so desperate for money? That should have been a red flag for him when he realized she was not working for the family, or didn't have any money. Some women are like that. Some men are also like that. They see the other person as just dollar signs, and what can you give me. I say to EVERYONE. When you first meet someone, don't let them know you have money--if you do. Take them to plain restaurants, tell them your car was bought by your rich brother, do anything to test their love. When I met my husband back in 1983, he was working for his father for 150.00 a week. Our dates consisted of dinner at Wendy's and driving around for a few hours. I never expected anything more. To those of you looking for love--It's better to have no one, and hang out with yourself, than to find someone who pretends to love you and is going to take everything you have.......including possibly your life. Read on---Dating Scam Ends in Murder - AOL News

No comments: