Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A family you won't forget

i just watched Capturing the Friedman's last night. I highly recommend it. It made me glad that i picked the husband that i did, and that my children wont have to go through that. It tells of a family in crisis. The father has a big secret, which i won't ruin. He and his wife raise 3 boys, the poor mother basically feels like an outcast, and the home movies give the biggest clues as to why. They are a typical upper middle class jewish family. Father was a teacher, teaches piano and computer classes in his basement. What happens is that the Senior Friedman, and his youngest son, who is 18 at the time he's charged, were charged with child molestation, child endangerment, the Sr. was charged with being a pedophile. This is a nightmare for all three boys, the mother, and the Sr. Friedman. This movie will show you how powerful a childhood is......and even though the brother talks and discusses his reaction to the charges, it's obvious he was affected by his brother, and it changed his life also. I cried, I laughed. Please only rent this movie if you feel you can handle it. It goes into deep topics, and they are a few things the audience has to figure out........but it's painfully obvious. For what seemed like hours, I couldn't get this film off my mind. I feel so sorry for the youngest Friedman, and his two brothers. They cannot change what happened, but they can move on...and try to be the best they can be.

This was truly a fascinating Documentary, but it is disturbing. No one under 18 should watch this. please. Today , i'm going to see the film The Exorcism of Emily Rose. I'm taking some " Mommy time" today.


Blog ya later. come back real soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Ferrari and cologne lighting devices for lcds motors vibration product Ellen denegres tv show http://www.nc-removal-tattoo.info/Seat-covers.html