Monday, October 30, 2006

No curtains? No problem!

I know tomorrow is the horrible neighbor day--but This was too good not to blog about. This neighbor isn't actually horrible. He may be nosey, curious, horny, a peeping Tom, or just another nice neighbor trying not to look. A friend of mine, I'll call her " Katy" moved into a new townhome about 4 months ago. It's in Maryland, in a certain city I won't mention. Nice townhome. Anyway, she did about 50,000 worth of renovations to the home, and now has no money. She has no curtains or blinds. A man came to her door this morning, and introduced himself as a neighbor behind her. Her bedroom is in the back. I don't know how much this fellow has seen, but he remarked about her " unusual bathroom" She does have a nice bathroom, but I wonder how much he's actually seen. I asked her, " Where do you undress?" I don't think she liked that question, but again , I'm going to end this blog entry with: Get some blinds or curtains, you exhibitionists!! Have a great Halloween.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been pondering moving, and have been looking at houses informally lately. One place I checked out had a bathroom next to the front door. I knew this because of the window that looks out to the porch. The toilet is under the window so if you're sitting, someone looking through the window wouldn't really see much. Fortunately the guy who built the house solved that "problem" by putting a mirrored medicine chest on the opposite wall.

Sometimes (MANY times) people just don't think too carefully about the way their homes are designed.