Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tuesday is horrible neighbor day!

With my one reader to my blog, I'm going to try to stick to my Tuesday's as horrible neighbor day. I saw on a few other blogs--they had white trash Wednesday. what fun! I realized that my 2 older sons and a few others didn't know exactly what white trash is. It's actually hard to explain. You'd have to see it to believe it. The one thing that the white trash family will almost always do-- pass their children off to someone else. Whether it be--a super-dad/coach who they feel should automatically take their " son" on his team ( my neighbor did that), or the white trash couple that likes to go out drinking every weekend and has " grandma or grandpa" watch the kids. We knew a couple like that. They can spin it however they like, but going out to bars every Friday night--and getting drunk, staying out all night, and glad to have the " kids" gone is not my idea of ideal parenting. They would say " My mother gets quality time with the grandkids" and then some! We even had one couple bring Grandma along to Ocean City in a condo we all shared ( company condo). The condo had two bedrooms. It could sleep two small families if needed, but the one couple brought their two kids and Grandma along. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, except for the fact my husband and I spent each day with our one year old son, and we'd always see the Grandma ( a young Grandma at that, she was probably only about 46) and their two daughters hanging around the condo, while they did who knows what. It's o.k. for Grandparents to babysit occasionally, but this couple really knew how to milk it. Anyway, back to the topic of the day. My neighbor has been really quiet since visiting us 4 times within a 24-hour period. My husband bought a new truck, so naturally he felt compelled to come over for a visit--ask my husband for a job, ask to have construction material given to him for one of his projects, and remark about our trim stating he'd paint it. My husband declined, saying he was planning on doing it himself, but I'd say my neighbor has graduated from " nosey" to " annoying" and a busybody. Do YOU have neighbors like these? Have a wonderful day----------

No comments: