Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What's happening over at the neighbors?

In our diverse neighborhood, we have several older, smaller homes. One such home is directly behind me. From my 2nd floor, and deck, I can see this small 2 bedroom home. Approx. August a mother and her son moved into the home. I have a busy life, so I can't always watch what's going on.....but the woman is a single mother. On most days, her car would be gone when I'd pass her home going to work. But lately, her car is there all the time, and she appears to be home-schooling her 7 yr old. He was in a private school in November, and I know you can't get all the materials together that fast for home schooling.. so I have to wonder what's going on. Does she work at home? Is she on welfare? I don't think she's independently wealthy. I am wondering because my 7 yr old plays with her son. I value family first, and have to look out for the welfare of my son. She appears to never leave her home, and her car's back tag is off and looks like she hasn't moved it in days. I go out almost every day, and we'd probably be hungry after about 4 days if I didn't. But it's like a horror movie. What's going on at the neighbors? She has a large dog which she lets out.......and I've seen a glimpse of her...but it's bizarre. I'm ready to move to my 6-10 acres of land with no fucking neighbors. Have a great hump day.

No comments: