Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Horrible neighbor Tuesday!

Today is horrible neighbor Tuesday. If YOU have any horrible neighbor stories--please post. I have had the unfortunate luck of living next to many horrible neighbors. I once had a neighbor, I'll call her "Freida" who went nuts. She was a pre-menopausal woman whose son had grown up. I still had a son in High school, a son in Elementary, and a 2 yr old. She stayed at home, and had back problems, as did her husband. As time went on, we'd notice their two vehicles almost never left the driveway. She got so bad her husband did the grocery shopping, as I ran into him at our local grocery store. His hair turned gray, and when I saw her, I was shocked. She looked frail and skinny. Some of her neighbors--who lived on her street ( my house faced a different street) thought she may be addicted to painkillers for her back. Soon, they moved. Her neighbor across the street asked my husband some time later--"Where is that crazy woman now?" When he asked, " you mean Freida?" the neighbor said, yes. Then proceeded to tell my husband that he would see her hanging around the driveway when her husband was working on his truck. As soon as she'd see him, she hide behind her fence. He also thought she went crazy. This woman was only about 42 at the time. She called animal control a few times on my dog, and called the police on my neighbor across the street. If only the men in white coats had come for her sooner! Have a great evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live downstairs from a group of young adults who are only a few years younger than I am. They smoke pot, have people in and out of the place on a regular basis. Stomp up the stairs to the point my ceiling is falling in. They at one point had 13 people living in a two bedroom.

We have 5 trash bins for the 3 apartments in my building, they use 4 of them leaving me with none, but when trash day comes, they take them all out of the bin and put the bags on the street. Because of them we now have raccoons and opossums and stray animals tearing their bags open filling our yard with trash on a weekly basis.

They then get upset with me for bringing them a new garbage bag and telling them to clean it up (I stopped after finding and cleaning up used woman's products). They leave broken furniture on the front porch and argue with me over which parking spot they want when they get their car using "seniority" crap. They've only lived there 2 weeks longer than I have!

The walls and stairs in front of their common area are totally destroyed. Holes in the wall, broken tiles, broken windows.

Their friends come over and think nothing of throwing their trash in the yard.

One girl is pregnant and uses that as an excuse to not do anything. I can't sweep, I'm pregnant. I can't make sure the trash isn't all over the yard, I'm pregnant.

I hate these people! And all their friends are moving into the area!

How's that for horrible neighbors?