Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Am I hip? Do I care?

I was reading a certain blog, and found it interesting. I'm at the younger end of the baby boomer generation. I don't find myself " saddled" with kids. I just know I'm getting older, and although I love my kids dearly, it's the hardest job you'll ever have. The worst part of my generation, is that I see ppl are giving in more to their kids. Kids at age 11 have cell phones. That's ridiculous. My husband and I bought my son ( then 13 ) a cell phone when he was playing babe Ruth baseball, my husband has all hours of work, and I was taking my older son to work, and youngest son to baseball practices/games. Do I feel hip? hell no. Do I care? no. I've never been one to follow the crowd, and am not going to start now. My best advice to anyone is to be yourself, follow your heart. I can't stand those keeping up with the Jones's. I have relatives like that. Her brother in law buys a new SUV, a few months later, they do. Brother in law buys a new house, a year later, they do. Their dogs even looked the same. Be original. Your individuality is all you have. You know your getting older when you are not hip anymore. I leave that to my two oldest sons ( 22 & 16). Let them be hip. My sister, 38, is hip. She never married, and has no children, and pays attention to what's in/not in. I'm too busy working, taking care of kids, making cupcakes, running my kids around to their sporting events to care. The day you STOP worrying about what everyone else thinks is the day you'll get more peace. The kids finally went back to school today, so I have to get some work done. Have a great Tuesday. Today is horrible neighbor day......do YOU have a horrible neighbor story?

No comments: