Friday, September 15, 2006

Love, or something like it

Do you ever get tired of reading--anywhere actually--about love. I was reading a blog today and the woman asked herself. Did i marry too young? i did. But there must have been some reason for it. I do love my husband. But, we've been married almost 23 years. Love changes. That doesnt' mean it's a bad thing. But some ppl can be so melodramatic.

The girl blogging: Did i marry too young? Every time i think about it, I know I couldn't do without Steve's undying support. He's my rock and I love him sooooo much.


Me: How long have you been married? I love my husband too, but lately he gets on my nerves. Sure, love is great. At first, you can't do without them. You long to see them. blah blah. I need to send my husband on a week vacation. By day 5 I might miss him. I want to tell this woman that she better enjoy this lovey dovey gooey ooey right now. Runaway bride? runaway groom? let them run............If they don't want to get married, they really shouldn't. It's hell being alone, but being marriage isn't always fun and games. I'll never forget this one older woman, who was at the time, about 52. She was on her second marriage, and she'd been married to the new, prick of a husband for about 6 years. Her husband had a heart attack and died ( he was about 57).

We went to his viewing, and she said to me ( I'd been married only about 4 years at the time) " Always tell your husband you love him. "

well, sometime in the past year, I reminded my husband of this, and i said I love you, I love you, I love you. he laughed and said........go fix me some sandwiches i'm hungry. To the older woman: thanks for the advice lady, but you don't really know how much you love them until they are dead and not coming back. !!!

No comments: