Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Little Johnny is doing wayyyyy too much!

My husband coaches a county baseball team. At this level, players need to make every practice, every game. We have a player, I'll call him Jack. Jack is 14, and has waaaaayyyyyyy too much to do. Jack not only plays county baseball, but county soccer as well. Jack was playing baseball for his high school team, playing county soccer, and making about 4 of our practices......out of about 50. Jack's dad, an assistant coach, doesn't understand that Jack needs to pick whatever sport he's best at. He doesn't excel at baseball, so my guess is that he's a soccer player. Jack's soccer season supposedly ended a few weeks ago, so we were told. Yes, we are 0-4. My heart is breaking. This is a tough league, and our team needs to get together. It's our 5th game, and Jack won't be there because there are soccer try-outs. ! I would kick that boy right off the team. Attention parents! Do not overschedule your kids. I think it's so important for kids to have some free time. His Dad should be ashamed of himself letting this boy get involved in way too much. I hope the team wins tonight--I'll be cheering loudly.

No comments: