Sunday, February 06, 2011

Runaway Mom

Have any of you ever felt like you just wanted to bolt and run away from your family? I have two grown sons and a pre teen and I tell you, lately, I feel so unaapreciated I feel like running. If you are in the same situation, please share your story. I could use a diversion. I would never run away, but I feel today that I understand why women would. You do everything for your family, including your grown children that still live with you. No one listens to you, your husband is oblivious and thinks the kids are o.k. Yes, things could be worse, but YOU want to be happy. For anyone that has ever run away from your family, right now at this moment, I can totally understand. Everyone, enjoy the superbowl and have a great day!

1 comment:

inforn44 said...

Thank you Janie, I can't believe you wrote this today I am in the exact situation. Only difference is one of my adult children is a girl with a one year old. She doesn't live with me but has been staying for a week while her boyfriend is in jail.She expects me to do all of the baby's care plus take care of everything in the house. She actually got mad and punched a hole in my bedroom door because I had the nerve to take her sister over to her friends house, instead of watching the baby.
The solution, I made her and my son leave. Stand your ground with those kids. You are not their slave. Go do something for yourself. You deserve it you worked hard to raise those kids and they will see how hard it is when their kids do the same to them.
At least we can both feel better kn owing we are not the only ones.
Wish I could give you a big hug!!