Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Where are the parents?

There was an article in my paper today about 3 15 yr old boys sending a harassing cell phone message to a girl. First of all, who's paying all these cell phone bills? Parents- a cell phone is a privedge, not a right. I'd take any and all cell phones away from all the boys. I have a little experience raising boys. I have 3. They are ages 23, 17, and 9. As the old saying goes, boys will be boys, but someone has to watch them! I'm not saying put them on a nanny cam, but parents! Shame on you. These days someone doesn't just stalk you the old fashioned way. You get harrassed on your MySpace account, text messages, cell phone messages, and if they are really bright---a call to your hard line and leaving a voice mail. One that parents can hear. I have some advice for the parents of these unruly boys who thought it was cool to prank a poor girl with pillowcases over their heads, and holding a gun. They are 15. Who's gun is that? Well, well, looks like the father needs to put his guns away from the little boys. My 23 yr old will act like a fool at times. Kids will do whatever they can get away with. O.k. so the boys said it was a prank. Take their cell phones away. For a long time. Once some of these bratty children don't have their cell phones, they will realize they can't live without them. We did, but the children of today need them. ! The bottom line is I'm not a perfect parent, I dont pretend to be.....but the day my son starts sending threatening cell phone messages is the day he loses his phone. Have a great day--Happy Valentine's day tomorrow. Have you gotten your special someone a gift?

No comments: