Monday, July 03, 2006

Power is out!

Yesterday, at approx. 5:30p.m. , during a storm, our power went out. We had gone shopping for a new lawn mower. Upon driving up our street, pulling up into the driveway, we notice Billy Bob and his entire family sitting on their porch with their front door wide open. I said to my husband--Power must be out. It's really odd because we hardly see any of our other neighbors, but these particular neighbors are the most irritating. They are home practically all the time, except for work. The kids have nothing to do, the oldest at home now is 16, and really should have a job. I have told my 15 yr old son he is not allowed to hang out with them ( the kids). He still doesn't understand why. I know what the majority of ppl say--mind your own business. We do. Trust me. If you've ever had neighbors like these, THEY are the nosey ones. I have looked out of my living room window, just to look out at the driveway, and his bratty son, 14, will be sitting on my neighbor's brick wall, and waving.

Unless you had neighbors or have neighbors like this--you have no idea how annoying it is to not have privacy. Now, every now and then you might not see them for a day or two, but these ppl have absolutely no lives. When we were putting up a new fence, Billy Bob had to run over and see what we were doing. I swear this family belongs in a trailer park. They are in my neighborhood because we are a diverse neighborhood. Their home ( rented) is a duplex. It's probably about a hundred years old, and very small. If you read my archives, you'd know that Billy Bob moved in about 20 months ago. With two months, he'd angered about 5 of our neighbors. Not really him, but the children.
I teach my children to have manners. They are not allowed to go and "hang out" in front of other people's homes, bothering them. They are not allowed to trespass on other neighbor's properties. I will try again to ignore them. That house on 5 acres is looking pretty good right now. blog ya later.